Logo

150 Vmax

gmn012

"I have a 2003 150 vmax carb m

"I have a 2003 150 vmax carb motor. I was running across the lake today in rough water when I started to lose power. My boat will usually run 65 and it would only run 45.. It doesnt seem to be turning enough rpms. Water pressure is good and nothing sounds like it is coming apart. I am thinking carbs sucked up some trash. ANY HELP PLEASE?

thanks,

Grant"

I have been running ethanol tr

I have been running ethanol treatment through it. I have a feeling that it is carb issues though. I am going to test compression just to make sure. Thanks for the help!

"comp and ign test.... u shoul

"comp and ign test.... u should have a cute lil yami filter on it i believe,..therfore,u would not have sucked up any trash.....gummed up carbs,...yep!...i tell my customers,to run 15 min once a month on hose w/stabilized fuel....does everything good!..."

I tested compression and every

I tested compression and everything was good. I tested the power pack and ignition system and everything checked out fine. I took the carbs off and opened them up. They looked clean as a whistle so I put it all back together and everything ran fine.

Back