Logo

Looking for a lightwin fuel system solution

cbreaux

I have a Evinrude lightwin 3 H

I have a Evinrude lightwin 3 HP (model 3026)on which i recently replaced the fuel filter. There is an aluminum connector with a pipe like fitting that holds the fuel filter in place. this connector attached to the alluminum gas tank with about 1 1/2 turns of the thread. the threads on both the connector and the gas tank will not form a seal and the fuel leaks out.

any recomendations on how to resolve this issue? i was thinking of some sort of sealant on the threads (or should i try to find a replacement fuel tank)?

"Aircraft Spruce sells this pr

"Aircraft Spruce sells this product.. You would have 20-25 bucks invested but it would seal your leak.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/
PRO-SEAL TYPE TANK SEALANTS
Pro-Seal and similar products are two-part polysulfide integral fuel tank and fuselage sealants. They have exceptional strength and jet fuel resistance as well as excellent resistance to oils, solvents, all fuels, and weathering. We offer a Pro-Seal equivalent which is a B-2 type material and meets specification MIL-S-8802E, Type II, Class B-2. These kits are packaged in poly bags with nozzle, plunger and instructions."

Back