Logo

Alignment tool

paul_rodgers

Regular Contributor
"I am looking for an aliggnmen

"I am looking for an aliggnment tool for a 454 7.4 litre engine with a brovo 3 drive. Need it in a couple of weeks as I have everything that I can think of to get started on rebuild. Except
(Knowledge) But He@l Having the right tools is important. Trial and error will have to do."

The alignment tool is the same

The alignment tool is the same for all mrec outdrive.

If all else fails you could use just the splined shaft off the ujoints if you have one lying around.

You could also just attach a fresh water line to engine and run without the drive for now until you are sure engine is good to go. Then check alignment before installing OD.

"Thanks Kghost, I will try to

"Thanks Kghost, I will try to hook up water line first, I have out drive off and engine is next then a couple days for the rebuild and then ready for installation in boat. I will post progress as I will have some questions along the way. Thanks (Can you run engine with out drive off, How does water get exhausted?"

"[b]"The alignment tool is

""The alignment tool is the same for all mrec outdrive."

Ayuh,... Actually, the Alignment bar is the Same for All outdrives that need aligning...

"(Can you run engine with out drive off, How does water get exhausted?"

Sure,... Run it,..
The exhaust water goes out the exhaust as always..."

one on ebay it was started at

one on ebay it was started at 20 bucks but don't spend more then 50 i see them all the time there .

Stringer drives don't use that HAH.

"napa auto carries them also

"napa auto carries them also

for around 65

they have a newer tool out, that actually bolts up and gives a way better alignment"

"Just-in-time, I was just curi

"Just-in-time, I was just curious are you talking about the T-Bar Alignment tool 91-806794A03 For the front mounts???

Sorry about the thread jacking!!!"

no no no

its like a 60 doll

no no no

its like a 60 dollar tool

it was designed for the vazor but works on them all!!

8M2001017

"Thanks, I see and remember it

"Thanks, I see and remember it now.
I was looking right at it when I looked up the T-Bar.
blush.gif
"

Back