Logo

Long Term Storage

mainliner61

Contributing Member
"My new work schedule is gonna

"My new work schedule is gonna make me put my boat up for a few months.A Yamaha dealer told me to fill both tanks full of gas and double treat with marine formula stabil.He said a full tank will draw less moisture.50gallons is alot of gas to let ruin,if it ruins. What would be the best thing to do? All opinions welcome,Thanks!! 225 Yamaha Vmax Series2"

"That sounds like good advice

"That sounds like good advice to me. After you double treat with the Stabil Marine, run motor for a few minutes to circulate through entire motor/fuel system. While you're running the motor, fog it reall good with fogging oil, then you'll be set. Good Luck!"

"You can buy "fogging oil&

"You can buy "fogging oil" at any marine supply place, comes in a spray can, is mostly a light oil with corrosion inhibitors in it, spray in each air intake while motor is running, keep spraying until motor chokes on the oil, protects bearings, crank, cylinder walls, all internal parts, great stuff! Good Luck!"

"Ok thanks for the help.Just o

"Ok thanks for the help.Just one more question. When I get to run the engine again, after fogging,Do I have to do anything to it before running it or just go fishin like I normally would?"

"You just crank it up and go,

"You just crank it up and go, probably will smoke a bit until it burns the fogging oil out of motor, but no big deal. If it was me, I'd probably remove,inspect and clean the spark plugs right before you crank it back up, just so there's no fouling. Good Luck!"

"You just crank it up and go,

"You just crank it up and go, probably will smoke a bit until it burns the fogging oil out of motor, but no big deal. If it was me, I'd probably remove,inspect and clean the spark plugs right before you crank it back up, just so there's no fouling. Good Luck!"

Back