Logo

M440 valve covers

bushwood

Contributing Member
Can anyone recommend a source

Can anyone recommend a source for M440 valve covers? I'm not looking for the chrome ones. Just covers I can paint Chrysler blue.

I'm tired of a leaking oil coming from valve covers that seem to be weakened tin and refuse to keep a straight edge. Many dollars spent on Fel-Pro gaskets only to have each engine leak out of one valve cover (inboard side).

Thanks

"Any GOOD hot rod shop (li

"Any GOOD hot rod shop (like Jegs or Summit Racing on-line) sells aluminum valve covers for that engine. Why buy aluminum? They are rigid and don't leak like the tin ones.

Okay, so they cost a bit more, but once more and done is worth it, right?

Jeff"

"shears...Jeff is right but ju

"shears...Jeff is right but just watch that you dont buy "tall" style covers used on race engines for more rocker clearance...these taller covers may hit the marine exhaust manifolds.I know thats case with with the SBs,BBs maybe?"

I am biting the bullet and goi

I am biting the bullet and going for the aluminum valve covers. My question now is; it appears many of the covers do not have the baffles in them. My current ones do. What is the difference in having them? I anticipate my recently ordered covers will not have them. Should I be getting baffles for them also?

Back