Logo

What year is my 50HP Mercury

scenic

"Hi all, I have a Mercury 50HP

"Hi all, I have a Mercury 50HP that I just bought and previous owner told me he thinks it's a 1996 model. Can anyone help?

Serial no. OB358876

Also, 3 cylinder and has oil injection written on the cowl (the previous owner told me it has been removed)"

ENG: 0B358876 Model Number 1

ENG: 0B358876 Model Number 1050412BD 1988 MERCURY 50 ELPTO

Manufacture Date: 05/02/1988

"Thank you Boat Tech. Id like

"Thank you Boat Tech. Id like to ask you another question re the tilt motor? When i bought the boat a couple of weeks ago the tilt was working fine i put the boat in storage lowered the tilt i returned a couple of days later but the tilt would not work, it just makes a click sound (The battery is fully charged)"

"It just clicks both ways? Wil

"It just clicks both ways? Will the engine turn over?
You need to make sure the battery has 12.6 volts while at rest and stays within that range while trying to trim or start.

Well first make sure all the power and ground cables are clean and tight going to the battery, ect.

Then look for the SOLENOID And if you can try tapping on it lightly, And if not then try jumping it to see if you can get it to go.

Here is a link that should have a photo of your solenoid, When you open the link up you will need to type in this part number (89-96158T) Then Click on the Picture &
Notes on the right side.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/partsByNumber.asp

If you can't get it to go by jumping or tapping it, Then you may have a bad trim pump motor.

If needed, You can buy a service manual from A mercury dealer, And it should give you detailed information on how to test the trim system the right way. I wish you good luck with it."

"Thank you for your help, the

"Thank you for your help, the picture will help, ill check it out tomorrow, thanks again"

Back