Logo

Chrysler 318 left hand help

crash

ok well i have a 1975 318 left

ok well i have a 1975 318 left hand motor and its trashed and i have a another 318 block that just been rebuild and i wanna take those pistons swap them around and put my cam in and my intake my distributer put all that stuff on the other block and i am going to buy new left hand oil pump but i not sure if i have to do anything. i wanna know if there is difference between a regular crank and a left hand rotation crank thanks alot

"All oil pumps in these motors

"All oil pumps in these motors turn the same way (and are the same). Here's the deal:

The crank and cam turn the 'other' way, but the distributor does not for its gearing is ground backwards to correct the opposite rotation. That means the oil pump and distributor turn the same way.

You'll have to turn the pistons around so the 'front' notch points to the back, and use the reverse rotation special distributor (with that collar on it).

The crankshaft is another matter. Serrations that force oil into the motor instead of out are ground into the crank at the rear main, so you'll need to use the old crank as well. Hope it's usable.

Jeff"

"Does anyone know where I migh

"Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase (2) wiring harnesses for my 1985 LM318's?

I have a 1974 Trojan Sportsifh, last season the plug on my ( stbd engine) just after the electronic ignition carroded.
I was able to eliminate the plug and go wire to wire with connectors, but I have decided to rewire the motors and gauges,to eliminate any more problems so if there is someone or place that I might be able to purchase complete harnesses with connectors I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

Kerry daniels aka fortuna"

Back