Logo

Gas line connector

wd40

"I have a double line gas tank

"I have a double line gas tank the connector that hooks to motor leaks on fuel side I have tried to put new o rings in several times but still leaks I have right o rings they came in rebuild kit for the top of tank, It seems that the brass rod so to speak on inside of connector that seats against o ring does not come up as far as the air side I measured it/ can you take the brass insert out and clean it or is it possible to take connector apart to inspect and clean I would like to be able to fix it as a new one is quite expensive"

"r u sure,u have the right o r

"r u sure,u have the right o rings?...the one u have may be for the plunger etc,...had'nt been into one in 30 yrs."

"I have been in shop trying ag

"I have been in shop trying again with o rings I rebuilt top and there is now place for o rings also I got some o rings at the marina and tried all I have, but when i installed new rings and then clip on motor it leaks then take over to bench and tap on top of connector 80 percent of the time it will seal so something is hanging up but what i want to know can you take the connector apart I don't want to wreck it trying
thank you
mark edwards"

Mark I have seen the brass par

Mark I have seen the brass part push into the housing it sits in and leak because it doesnt contact the oring properly

Back