Logo

91b volvo only 1500 rpms w black smoke

bdb3439

"I have a 1991 Pursuit/Tiara 3

"I have a 1991 Pursuit/Tiara 32' with twin Volvo Penta 305 hp diesel engines. The starboard engine runs fine, but when under a load (in gear) the port engine will only get to 1500 rpms and blow black smoke. However, when in nuetral it will rev to full rpms and there is no smoke. The bottom was just redone last week so it is clean. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated"

i have a tamd41a did same thin

i have a tamd41a did same thing your eng. does went all the way up to full rpms under no load but with load lots of black smoke and no power bad turbo

"I forgot to mention, there al

"I forgot to mention, there also seems to be a problem with the throttle on that engine, i may simply be running out of throttle right as it begins to plane off"

I would check that first and o

I would check that first and open up an engine hatch could be lack of air getting to engine What is the condition of air filter

"may have found the problem, t

"may have found the problem, there was a hole in the aftercooler on the bad engine, from corrosion.. could be because it sits right above a bunch of wires from the starter"

Back