Logo

TLDI 50 hp weight

busumark

can someone please tell me wha

can someone please tell me what is the dry weight of the tohatsu TLDI 50 hp long shaft without power trim. the tag on the motor says from 82 kg to 105 kg and the brochure says 93 kg. Thanks

Tohatsu Guru in Malta you can

Tohatsu Guru in Malta you can buy Tohatsu TLDI 50 hp without power trim. So what do you think they are selling ? maybe old models ? I would really like to know because i am in the process to buy one because the dealer says that it is 82 kg. very good weight for its power. Thanks

"Tohatsu Japan will build them

"Tohatsu Japan will build them any way that your distributor asks...Why they would want one without trim is beyond me. Regardless, I will query Japan and ask for a weight. It may take a couple of days to get a response."

ok thanks. i was reading other

ok thanks. i was reading other posts and there was that there is an A model and B model 50 hp TLDI. can you tell from what year they are doing the B model.

thanks TG if you have any info

thanks TG if you have any information about the weight and any information about the tldi 50 hp without power trim i would really appreciate it.

Japan has replied back that th

Japan has replied back that they have NOT produced any TLDI 50 without trim....Specifically: "We don't produce without PTT models for TLDI."

TG maybe they are made in euro

TG maybe they are made in europe or all tohatsu engines are made in japan ? my friend found an owners manual of tohatsu tldi 50 hp and there was without power trim its 89 kg. but i didnt see it. if i can obtain the serial number can you get more information about the motor? thanks

"If you go to tohatsu.com, cli

"If you go to tohatsu.com, click on the N.America link and then click on the "owners manual" link at the top of the page you can get a copy of the 50B TLDI owner's manual. On page 1 (spec page) you'll see a model 50 EFO listed. This is an Electric start (E), Tiller (F), Oil injection (O) model...without power tilt. Power tilt models have a "T" in the model #. You can see the weights list there for it (89.5kg). They don't make a "remote" model without PTT."

maybe the dealer fits the remo

maybe the dealer fits the remote controls. when i have the serial number i will post it here or you can tell me where to get the information if you have the serial number.

"It would be interesting if th

"It would be interesting if they really did make a non trim model. The engineer in Japan was firm that they don't produce any TLDI model that way for any market. All Tohatsu engines are made in Japan, however, every country distributor determines what models they import."

is the only difference between

is the only difference between the 50B and W50B the gear ratio ? is the 50 hp EPTO a W50B model only?

"The W50 series has a complete

"The W50 series has a completely different gearcase. I also have an update on the trim. Tohatsu HAS produced some TLDI 50's in the past without trim. The response I originally received from Japan may have been a language barrier issue. I suspect that what the engineer was trying to tell me was that they do not currently have any of that model built or do not have any pending orders for that model. But, the weight of the MD50 in a long remote w/o trim can be extrapolated to be 190 lbs. I still think that buying one without trim would be a bad idea since you have to carry a battery anyway."

thanks TG the only reason to b

thanks TG the only reason to buy without trim is the weight. its about 10 kg lighter and since its going to be on a 13.5 ft boat it makes a difference on the transom.

TG we went to see the motor an

TG we went to see the motor and left deposit. we didnt see the one we are going to take because he said that it was in a box in the store but he said that they arrived last december and they are 2008/2009 models. i think he bought them from another country and not directly from japan.
We saw one at the showroom and on the tag there is 2008 md50 and the serial number. weight is 82.5 kg - 102 kg.
is there a site where you can check the serial number for more information

ok thanks for your help TG. wh

ok thanks for your help TG. when we have the serial number of our motor i will tell you maybe you can contact Japan for us because when we made contact with them before we didn t receive any answer

hello TG finally my friend got the 50 ho TLDI without power trim. it is 84 kg on our scales. the serial number is 065065XH can you please try to get some information from japan about this motor becuse i tried before to contact japan about other things but i never got a reply.

Another thing does using normal TCW-3 for 2-stoke engines damage the engine. or you have to use the recommended TCW-3 for direct injection engines. like the TLDI oil

our local dealer gave us normal 2-stroke oil not for direct injection. he told us it is good and he said that he used to have some TLDI oil but he is not going to get anymore of the recommended TLDI oil. he kept insisting that normal 2-stroke is good for TLDI but everywhere i searched i found that every dealer outside malta says that you have to used only the recommended and approved oils for the TLDI.

The problem in malta is that he is the only dealer so that we dont have much choice from where to buy.

he already started the engine with the normal 2-stroke. What can we do ? We dont want to use the engine with this oil if we are going to damage the engine.

thanks

Using the wrong oil will cause clogged injectors and fouled spark plugs. Do not use the regular oil in it. Buy Mercury Optimax or Yamaha HPDI oil...You can even use the BRP oil.

Back