Logo

Warning lights on 2003 225 hp BF225

jafo9

my 03 toon only has 2 warning lights on the key panel. its got the green oil pressure and the red overheat light. i've seen some that have 4 lights for sale. is this a simple plug and play installation or is there more to it? thanks.

"As long as it is a Honda key

"As long as it is a Honda key switch assembly, it should plug right in. You will probably have to enlarge the opening since the unit is a little bigger.

You may want to consider just putting in a PGM-FI panel with two lights...part # 32340-ZW7-000AH. It retails for only $22. It is about 2.5" x 2.5".

As long as the wiring harness has the extra flat three pin plug required for either switch or light panel, you just plug it in. Otherwise you will need the PGM-FI panel harness 16.5' long part # 32185-zw5-000. Retails for $34.

The end may be buried somewhere under the dash bundled in the wiring."

"The four-light system gives y

"The four-light system gives you better diagnostics. See attachment. If you cannot read, send me an e-mail at [email protected].
<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msexcel.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.ms-excel"">Honda 4-light codes & alarms
[url=""][b]BF 225 Alarms.xls[/b][/url] (16.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"thanks for the replies. w.d.

"thanks for the replies. w.d. , i downloaded your excel file a while back. very helpful. thanks.

mike - that looks awesome and a whole lot cheaper than a whole new key assembly. any idea where it plugs in? in a perfect world it would have a male connector somewhere in my helm. i could always lengthen the wire to make it from the helm to the motor if i had to. thanks, again."

"Depending on the wiring harne

"Depending on the wiring harness that was used, there is a pretty good chance that the connector is buried in your cabling. Probably the easiest way to find where on the cable it is located, would be to find the wire and connector that goes to your shifter for power tilt and trim. Once you find that, follow it and it should take you to the point of the cable where the PGM cable would be coming out of the main cable.

You may have to cut several wire ties to free up the bundled cabling.

Now that I think of it, an easy way to find out if the cabling is there would be to go to the engine. You should see the end of the wiring harness attached to the engine with a large round 14 pin connector. If there is also a smaller cable coming out the same cable with either a 3 pin flat or a 6 pin rectangular connector...then you have the wiring in place.

happy hunting..."

"update.

thanks for everyon

"update.

thanks for everyone's help. i was able to find the loose end of the 3 pin wire tucked up inside the helm. the boat is in my driveway so i can't crank it, but when i turn the key the battery light and the check engine light both come on and then the engine light goes out and the battery light stays lit. i'm guessing this is normal. now i've just got to cut another hole in the dash to make it pretty."

Back