Logo

200 rudefuel pump rebuild

"drain plug seals are good. gr

"drain plug seals are good. grey oil is the beginning of something worse I usually find, sooooo better to fix early! thanks jwb"

"LU oil does not ,..get to pwr

"LU oil does not ,..get to pwrhd,..but a blown PH gasket,..would leak down on midsection."

"thanks jwb, I didn't see

"thanks jwb, I didn't see how it could but after 3 days in driveway,with motor level, I found new l/u oil dripping down from bottom of engine cover.NOT fuel/oil mix,or anything from carbs.nothing inside cover that was obvious, can only see it from outside bottom of cover. & no I only just started on the crown royal when I found it,1st glass-2 sips!!! oh well, I already have l/u off & new kit so will rebuild water pump & continue on. thanks for your help jwb!!"

"ahhh that crown.....good stuf

"ahhh that crown.....good stuff...i think a gremlin,is messing w/u...a neighbor ,...watching and laughing........"

"i have one across the street

"i have one across the street that i thought might have,but he really wants to go fishing so i don't think he would. I may have figured it out tho, while putting my l/u back on today i remembered i shot some ispo. alcohol thru the recir. lines & fitting according to man. I was going to run it after & got too busy. I guess some of it may have run out somehow after cutting some of the junk out & the thick yellow goo was the result? never entered my mind till after i tore it all down. now it to the lake and try it again. I've been using reg tcw 3 oil, do you think it would help to go to the new evinrude 30 or 50 or maybe that amsoil like nicknack did? thanks alot ,jeff"

"Jeff, I got lost for a second

"Jeff, I got lost for a second, what are u trying to fix by changing oil??? Or are you just trying to start fresh and new with better quality oil??? I would not have believed the difference the oil made on my motor if I have not tried myself, I'm using the Amsoil 100:1 Saber tried it at 100:1 and ran like a champ, but I did not felt safe doing it, so I went back to 50:1 on the Saber and still runs good, runs with much less odor and less smoke, I'm in contact with Amsoil right now trying to get a logical explanation, I'm trying to have them explain to me and convince me the reason why it is safe to run 100:1 ratio with the Saber when the factory call 50:1…either way switching oils was day and night to me, my nightmares of two years are gone..."

"Dough, I'm sure you have

"Dough, I'm sure you have a saying on the oil issue, why dont you joint us and give us your 2 cents???"

"nick, I posted on your thread

"nick, I posted on your thread awhile back. mine has same symptoms as yours, but lost power awhile back & trying to find source of problems. I replaced so many parts elec.,fuel sys.,& lots of diag. & cussing. I still havn't gotten my power back yet, but am planning to go to lake today to see if maybe I got it this time.thought maybe the whole time it has been with the fuel mix after reading your posts. plan to seaform the sh...t out of it and blow it out at the lake & hope for the best. guess maybe i'll experment with dif. oils & see if that helps.maybe try penn. syn. like jwb recmds. thanks, jeff"

"what's the best way to se

"what's the best way to seafoam to bring back comp., & increase power? I'm wondering if my old evin. tcw3 & ethanol mix could be causing carbon build-up? maybe need to run syn. oil to offset the diff. in fuel now days? just some thoughts that are running around in my not so boat mech. mind. maybe it needs some crown!!!"

I bet we get an assortment of

I bet we get an assortment of opinions on what oil & what mix to that ques. seems like i remember a very heated tread a while back over this! I'll keep my head down & hope I don't get hit by the fall-out!!

"ok, back to the drawing board

"ok, back to the drawing board! rechecked timing, was off a little. getting good fuel to carbs,hard to start when cold,no power, will idle fairly well when cold, starts acting up,miss fire, sneezing after 1 or 2 min. of warming up. runs like sh....t from then on. will plane out after 100 of so yards. not good at all.will not idle well after warmed up, sounds ok at higher rpm but no power, will not jump out of hole like it use to. any ideas? thanks, jeff"

"oh yea, put new champion plug

"oh yea, put new champion plugs (QL77jc4) before last test, pulled plugs after run, 1&2 cyl. carbon build up dry, 3 & 6 slightly wet with center ceramic somewhat tan, 4& 5 wet & oily, pretty black.Ideas?"

Back