Logo

Removing electric choke

willxfs

"I'm trying to remove an e

"I'm trying to remove an electric choke from a weber carb for my 4.3 L mercruiser to put on another carb. The screw towards the middle of the carb came off but how do you remove the screws ?? / anchor points on the corner of the carb. It doesnt appear that the two anchor points you see in the picture are screws. Do they come off from the inside somehow. I took the cover off the choke but couldn't access the screws?? Thanks

374911.jpg
choke 4

If the heads are round and smo

If the heads are round and smooth I would think they are brads or what some call drive screws. They could be tapered which makes them a b... to remove. Gently pry the choke hsg. until there is a millimeter or two of movement. Then spray w/WD-40 or PB Blaster and let it sit o/night. Try to pry a little more and repeat.

If it won't budge then grind off the heads w/a Dremel and soak w/PB Blaster. Use the correct pin punch to push them thru. Use a vise grip on the pin stud and twist/pull CCW.

"Maybe rivets, can't see t

"Maybe rivets, can't see them too good in the pic. Then the dremel. You can go to a junk yard and get it for free or a beer."

"Completely remove the interna

"Completely remove the internal components of the choke, you'll gain access from the inside, could be only 1 screw and 2 locating pins."

"I just figured it out. There

"I just figured it out. There are two more screws behind the metal plate you see in the picture. It pops out with a little effort. Thanks for the help.
374931.jpg
choke 5

Back