Logo

Johnson Water pumps

big_jack

Contributing Member
I`ve got a question for you ex

I`ve got a question for you experts. Can a water pump kit(439077) from my 85 Johnson 50hp fit on my 74 Johnson 50hp? Both motors list the same housing number(384087) but kit numbers are different. Why is this? Thanks alot.

"the diff may be,..due to,...a

"the diff may be,..due to,...alum hsng,versus plastic,..not sure tho...i would order,the correct kit.."

"would like to know if anyone

"would like to know if anyone knows how to get the water pump out of a 175hp outboard johnson motor, we tried to drop it but something is holding it does anyone know if it is just the shaft or pins or what besides the bolts that hold it"

"ramon,its better to start ur

"ramon,its better to start ur own 'discussion'...ur post gets buried under his,..what yr 175?"

"I am not sure I think it is a

"I am not sure I think it is a 1990 , since the boat is a 1990 I dont think they put a different motor on it maybe you could tell me here is the model no. J175EXATG"

I have recheck many times and

I have recheck many times and it is clear and that is what it says it is on the engine and right below it is the serial number also can you give me your phone number and i will call you since i am in san carlos sonora mexico at this time and i sure and thankful you are trying to help and where are you as long as you are in the states i can call

i think i can help u right her

i think i can help u right here...i will re--ck and look up those numbers again..for u.

"ok----- u have, a 1993 175 j

"ok----- u have, a 1993 175 johnson...
disc the belley pans,let the right one flop,under the right,lowest carb,looking at back of eng,...........is a big hairpin/cotter pin,pull it out,u may need to remove the small bracket,that retains the shift cables,where the blk knobs are..shift into forward,push rod to left...make sure no 'load' on shift rod,...oh,remove front plastic ,black breather,so u can see.to reconnect,just rev the order."

"thank you very much, you hav

"thank you very much, you have been talking to me ,I am Ramons wife and right now he is on another project but will let him know thanks for your help has been very helpful if Ramon has any other questions later on I hope I can ask you thanks again Cecelia"

"to jwbmarine we did what yo

"to jwbmarine we did what you said to do and now the water pump works great thank you now have another problem the alarm whistle keeps whisiling and i dont know why , but when i riv it up it cut in and out, idles ok till i riv it up we are here in mexico and is very hard to find advise so we are very thankful to you for helping us, rember we have a 1993 johnson motor 175 hp"

"the ALARM,..cuts in and out..

"the ALARM,..cuts in and out...OR ,the engine cuts out?...
is it beeping,...a series of beeps,or just screeching?....."

"the engine cuts in and out wh

"the engine cuts in and out when i riv it up otherwise it idles ok, and as for the alarm it sceeching non stop"

"jwbmarine, are ya there would

"jwbmarine, are ya there would like you to help me with the last question as soon as possible since i want to take the boat out on the sea this weekend about why does the alarm screeches non stop and when i start the engine it is fine till i riv it up and then the engine cuts in and out please let me know if you have any ideas about this problem thank you very much"

"does the alarm make that nois

"does the alarm make that noise,when the engine is totally cold,..before starting?
cutting in and out could be several things..
the things to ck first are
1. compression of all cylinders
2.spark to all cylinders
3.fuel delivery--u may have dirty carbs,old/bad gas
4. ck for water in fuel
5.u may have a shift switch,if one is on that eng,activating--black switch on bottom of shifter mechanism,on engine.
ur horn activation,may be due to overheating..is it spraying stream out side of motor?..this tells u that u r at least--getting wtr to the engine."

Back