Logo

M25C3 WOT issues

weimgator

"Started the boat this morning

"Started the boat this morning and ran fine for about 5 minutes at WOT. Slowed down and it died. Waited about 10 minutes while I was getting some gear situated. Starts up fine but had no power. Turned around and headed back to the launch. At WOT it would die out with no power. If I feathered it at half it would stay alive. After 5 minutes of this tried WOT again and it regained power... Circled the boat launch and it started having problems again.

Additional Background: This is my first boat. Primarily for duck hunting. Was purchased a few months ago and had no problems except for some slack in the throttle when not wide open. Engine was serviced by Tohatsu dealer (carb was boiled) about a month before I purchased it. Was out first weekend of duck season and nailed a submerged log or large rock with the motor full down. Bent prop, prop shaft, had to have a portion of the skeg re-welded. Mentioned that had some power issues when I brought it in. Replaced plugs. Not sure if the gas station I fill up at uses an ethanol blend.

I'm guessing that I need to start with the fuel system. I've ordered a service manual and am waiting for it to come in (before anyone chimes in about this). Is there a bolt patter for re-installing the carbs? If someone could provide the torq specs I would greatly appreciate it along with any other suggestions/thoughts...."

"No pattern and no torque spec

"No pattern and no torque spec. Just make the nuts firm. Your in the weeds with this one until you determine which engine system is responsible. Normally the fuel system is a good place to start, but, I'm concerned that you may have mechanical damage related to the collision."

"Carb looked clean. Trying to

"Carb looked clean. Trying to find where to order parts though (Float chamber O-Ring, etc...)? Going to go ahead and replace fuel pump, filter, and lines.

As far as mechanical damage is this the compression of the crank or something to that effect? Would the engine be able to have spontaneous performance currently experiencing with this? Should I feel any significant vibration if there were mechanical issues?"

Back