Logo

2000 200 hpYamaha Saltwater Series

tyler_r

"I have a 2000 200 HP saltwater series. The motor has always run great. I am having a overheating issue. When I am trolling at low speed,2to3 MPH, I get the overheating alarm. When I speed up it goes away. The motor is peeing water pretty good at all times. Does this sound like my waterpump is going bad? Is it hard to replace a waterpump?
Thanks
Tyler"

Check the poppit valve and the

Check the poppit valve and the by pass hose. i have the same problem on my'01 sw225 EFI. I replaced the waterpump and still having that problem. I ended up opening the whole cooling system to find out that i have a stuck up spring on that valve.

These are very simple engines

These are very simple engines to work on. As the previous post stated check the pressure relief valve located below the starboard head. Changing the pump is easy and should be done if you don't remember when it was last done. 7 leg bolts (1 is under the cav plate zinc) and a tie strap to slip on the speedo hose...gets the leg to drop. Do this with the leg 70 to 80% raised and make sure you have room behind you to clear the driveshaft clear. The pump itself is easy to just remember the order you dissembled and put back in reverse order. Use some grease to hold the rubber o-rings in place while you drop the housing back in place.

Back