Logo

Raw water inlet pipe 290dp

hale

"Hi guys,has anyone replaced t

"Hi guys,has anyone replaced the pipe that connects the leg to the transom plate? And if so how do you do it? I remember an engineer doing it on my other boat with the same leg,and he pushed the pipe from the inside of the boat to outside so the lip on the pipe would seal,,,,all replies appreciated Thank you"

"Just did it on both engines t

"Just did it on both engines this last spring.....
First had a terrible time with the 2 bolts holding the valve on the inside. After we got past the bolts.. the new pipe is soft enough to be pushed thru from the back but mine was installed from the bilge (engines were out at the time). The new pipe has a cuff on it that is captured in matched grooves in the plate and the valve simply compresses it a bit and thats it after you put back the bolts ( with anti-seize). My installation also had a half burnt ground wire for the hydraulic pumps I think that was replaced, so proper grounding is important. Some suggest changing out the valve for the plastic replacement nipple, but I stayed with my brass valve as the dealer advised fresh water applications are no problem for the valve.
Hope this helps"

"Cheers Sailor,,,mine hasnt ac

"Cheers Sailor,,,mine hasnt actually got a cut off valve on it,and the engines are in,which will make it harder,,but you have given me a glimmer of hope,,,many thanks for your reply
happy.gif
"

Back