Logo

Turbojet query

jafa39

Regular Contributor
Does anybody here have any exp

Does anybody here have any experience of OMC Jetboat motors? Its a 1996 115HP V4 VRO and it filled up the bottom 2 cylinders when sitting with the flush hose running but the motor not started.....could this be due to the exhaust gaskets being stuffed? Seemed run OK before that...

"I have a Boston Whaler Rage j

"I have a Boston Whaler Rage jet boat. Obviously way different engine, etc. SOP on mine is to start the engine, then turn the water on about a half minute later. Likewise, when shutting down you are to turn the water off first, wait about half a minute, then shut the engine down. (Mine has an inboard Yamaha jet-ski type engine, gets its cooling water from the turbine) Do you have the owners manual on your boat, maybe yours has some similar start up procedure?"

"Also, if you get no response

"Also, if you get no response here, try Continuouswave.com. You will find lots of advice there on your boat, because Boston Whaler had a version of the Rage with your drive system."

"Thanks Martin, boat has no ma

"Thanks Martin, boat has no manual but that start up procedure makes sense and it has the same turbine fed cooling system.....thanks heaps!"

"Wow, I would hate for you to

"Wow, I would hate for you to listen to me, and find out yours has a rubber impeller somewhere! Good luck with it."

Dont run your motor without wa

Dont run your motor without water as it has a rubber water pump impeller...you have a problem if water got into the lower cylinders on the hose.

It is easy to start with removing the heads and having a look. connect up the water and see

"Has no impellor, runs off the

"Has no impellor, runs off the turbine...no impellor shown on BRP parts diagrams."

Back