Logo

Water pump test 1974 evinrude 70hp 70473m

halo786

can somebody please tell me ho

can somebody please tell me how i can tell if the water pump on this motor is running ok ? ..there doesn't seem to be an indictor stream (pee hole)?..i just bought the motor and don't want to seize it!!

"inst a new,complete water pum

"inst a new,complete water pump kit,from the 'get-go'...this assures u of the condition,and u can now keep up w/change-interval....and,i'm sure it needs it,..unless he has the paper wk from a boat shop."

"What JWB said. We then used

"What JWB said. We then used to replace ours every two years. That or add a stream or water pressure gauge. One thing for sure, make sure your overheat warning horn works, and test it periodically!"

"Thanks guys, much appreciated

"Thanks guys, much appreciated.. how easy is it to install a new water pump kit? (i'm pretty good with tools and regular car engines)..and what is the kit number or part number for a 70473m 1974 70hp motor? i don't want to order the wrong stuff and have to send it all the way back to the states from New Zealand."

and what should the compressio

and what should the compression be on the cylinders? ..i've got a compression gauge. thanks guys.

"u can look up ur parts,at top

"u can look up ur parts,at top of page...u will need to end up on the sierra page..,or OEM 'evin' page"

Back