Logo

Mazda Marine Diesel

D

Dathan Shows

"My name is Dathan Shows, I am

"My name is Dathan Shows, I am in North Carolina, USA. I recently purchased a boat with what I am told is a Mazda Marine Diesel. I am having difficulty finding parts, manuals, and support for this motor. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. The only markings on the engine are an "XB" embossed on the case and what appears to be a serial number "18628" imprinted on the side of the engine. It is a normally aspirated fourcylinder diesel.

I can be reached at my email: [email protected]"

You most likely have a 4 cyli

You most likely have a 4 cylinder diesel that looks like a small Perkins. If so it may be Mazda. Mazda did make a small truck engine that looked just like a Perkins. However none of the parts are interchangable. However a perkins marinizing kit might have been put on one. I would get someone in your area that is familiar with Perkins engines to assist you.
Hope this helps
Ernie

" I have been told that it doe

" I have been told that it does look like a Perkins, it also is painted blue. What exactly is included in a "Perkins Marinizing Kit"? If this is a mazda truck engine that was marinized can I get parts from a local mazda dealer? What parts would have to come from a Perkins dealer?

Thanks for the help. "

"Dathan,

Do you have a pict

"Dathan,

Do you have a picture of the engine? I might be able to help if I can see it.

You can post it here, or email it to Andrew here at this site and he will post it for you.

Regards,

Andrew"

"Here is a picture of the engi

"Here is a picture of the engine... hope this helps.
Thanks.
Dathan

"

"Dathan,
The picture has all

"Dathan,
The picture has all the earmarks of the Westerbeke 58 Mazda conversion. It is a 154 cubic inch engine. It could have been a Perkins design built by Mazda. Perkins built a 154 cu in engine also. If your engine is a 1980 vintage I have a technical overhaul manud and a parts book, about 200 pages. Contact me or Andrew if you are interested in it.

Regards,
Gil

"

Back