Logo

Where do I find the modelserial numbers of a 15hp Johnson 1980bs

S

Sean K.

I can't seem to find the

I can't seem to find the model or serial numbers on my 15hp Johnson. Where do I look for them? I think it's from the late 80's.

"Sean..... Look on the port &#

"Sean..... Look on the port (left) transom bracket (the bracket that clamps to the boat) for a plate which will contain the model and serial number, and also look for a core plug (looks like a small quarter sized freeze out plug) on the powerhead itself that will list those same numbers.

The "Model" number will tell the make, horsepower, and year. Get that model number to us and we'll pinpoint what engine you have.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" Maybe I'm dumb, but i st

" Maybe I'm dumb, but i still can't find it!! The plate on the transom bracket is missing. Where exactly on the power head is this plug? Is it inside the Motor? "

" Unless somebody removed the

" Unless somebody removed the serial number on purpose or by accident. Somebody removed the VIN# on my truck (Not Me!) I think that sort of thing is illegal, but don't kid yourself, it happens all the time. On my motor, it's on the leg, port side an example of an OMC model # is CJ10RESC. On mine, the serial number is right there along with it(1990 model). If Joe says there's one on the powerhead, then there is, but I haven't seen it. "

"Sean.... That core plug with

"Sean.... That core plug with the model & serial number should be on top of the powerhead, on the starboard (top right side) close to the head gasket.

Joe
"

Back