Logo

Unknown outboard motor

fernando

"I am sending a picture of an

"I am sending a picture of an outboard motor which I don't know anything from it only it has one cylinder and it doesn't swivel around him but it is fixed so it had a rudder in front of the propeller. The only marking is on a tap "DALLAS DETROIT" and nothing else.The fuel deposit is missing in the photo because it was not mounted.
I would very grateful if anybody could give me any information about this motor.
With my best regards.
Fernando

"

" If you can post CLEAR pictur

" If you can post CLEAR pictures of the cylinder, the exhaust manifold, and the timing mechanism, And the fuel tank (fuel deposit), Possibly an identification can be made. There were dozens of small makers and many look very similar. Art "

"Art,
Thanks for the help.
H

"Art,
Thanks for the help.
Here is a view of the cylinder area only. If this is still not clear enough I may have to take some other photos.
Regards,
Fernando

"

" That is beginning to look li

" That is beginning to look like a Wisconsin Motor. Please send a picture of the other side showing the front of the cylinder and the exhaust manifold and muffler if it is there. If you send me your E-Mail adress to my E-Mail adress, I will look up wisconsin and send a picture from the old catalog. Art "

" Thank you for answering so q

" Thank you for answering so quickly to my request,but I would like to make a
correction to the inscription that is engraved on the tap which is "CAILLE DETROIT".
If this correction serves for a better indentification of the motor so be it.

Fernando "

" Fernando,

The motor must

" Fernando,

The motor must be a Caille. Caille's ( pronounced "CAIL") was made in Detroit. Mich.

I have copies of Caille catalogs from 1915 to 1925 and none of them show a motor with the Magneto on the cylinder.

I do have a Wisconsin catalog copy showing the Magneto on the cylinder. So I can not tell you the year or model.

Art "

Back