Logo

43 volvo GM marine replacement block

C

Charles Lail

I have a Larson boat w/4.3 vo

I have a Larson boat w/4.3 volvo-GM marine-4.3 engine with freeze damage - Cracked block - Where can I find a block casting for this engine? Any help appreciated.

" I have the same challenge, h

" I have the same challenge, have you had any luck? Mine is a GM mercruiser 4.3. My motor is in great condition, so I'd like to just purchase another block and replace all the parts that are in great shape.

Randy "

" my 4.3 kodiak is,according t

" my 4.3 kodiak is,according to kodiak, simply a gm truck crate motor that they add their marine parts to.a truck block of the same vintage should work. "

" I am changing out the engine

" I am changing out the engine in my boat. The old engine is a Volvo/Penta GM V-8 with all the marine accessories. I would sell it to anyone interested in a project. It needs to be rebuilt, but the starter, carb, distributor, alternator, etc. are all new. I got tired of fixing it and no longer wanted a gas engine in my boat. The new engine is a Yanmar Turbo-diesel. "

" the casting number is in the

" the casting number is in the same place chevy always put them, at the port, stern corner....i don't know if chevy ever made 2 piece rear mains on the 4.3 or not,BUT the 1 piece seal block comes in 2 versions....1 with a 3rd shaft(antiviberationshaft),+ 1 without it....the 1 with it, you can see the difference in the top of the timing cover, just behind the waterpump....the one without it takes the same timing cover as all the other small blocks... "

Back