Logo

Flooding Problems Fuel pump

freddiedad

Contributing Member
"G.m.c ,v6, 3.8 liter.Rocheste

"G.m.c ,v6, 3.8 liter.Rochester carb 2 jet. On my carb I have a plastic hose running from the fuel tank up to the carb. I have been told that this a safety feature to stop fires. I have gas coming out of that plastic hose into my carb. I have been told that if this is happening your fuel pump is shot and needs to be replaced. I pulled a spark plug and it was soaked in gas. I need some expert advice, please help"

"[b]G.m.c ,v6, 3.8 liter.Roche

"G.m.c ,v6, 3.8 liter.Rochester carb 2 jet. On my carb I have a plastic hose running from the fuel tank up to the carb.

Steve...I assume you mean the plastic hose runs from the fuel pump up to the carb?

If so then YES this is a safety feature in boats (that's why you need to use Marine parts in the engine compartment) If you have gas in that hose then the diaphram is shot in your pump and you need a new one. It dumps the excess gas into the carb instead of down in the bilge so hopefully you don't go BOOM!"

"Bob is right however the the

"Bob is right however the the carb might have a bad needle seat, rebuild the carb also.

The boat running?"

Back