Logo

200 Ocean Pro

dingbat

"The motor starts right up and

"The motor starts right up and runs great. Will troll all day long at 900 rpm. The problem is, you drop it into neutral and it dies instantly. It restarts immediately, but is problematic when trying to maneuver around a dock.

I believe its related to the operation of the swift switch but I can’t say for sure. I tried adjusting the linkage but there seems to be very little room for error between neutral and the actuation of the switch. The difference between neutral and the actuation of the switch seems to be less than the slop in the cable.

Any ideas would be appreciated"

"The 'solution' if lon

"The 'solution' if long cables and big play is often to go half way to reverse and then forward to neutral.
Another possibility is to 'adjust' the tip of the switch to make it react later, but be careful!!!
Test first by totally disconnect the switch and see if problem gets away, but be aware of the need of more force to shift."

The cable is long but its bran

The cable is long but its brand new with minimal slop. It just seems like there is not enough play between the neutral and the switch actuation to be manageable. Is it possible that the shift shaft length is close to being out of spec causing the shift lever to be somewhat out of position?

Back