Logo

Old Gas Stuck with it

I'm sure you're please

I'm sure you're pleased as punch with our Federal government for sticking us all with that ethanol gas crap that caused you all that trouble! Too bad you can't sue the SOBs.

Jeff

"Well I tried Andys desposal m

"Well I tried Andys desposal method for old gas, (Craigs list) and it worked great. I have a guy coming for it on Wendsday!"

"Great discussion. I've go

"Great discussion. I've got to get rid 50 gal. Thank you Craig's list. I am wondering about the necessity of cleaning out the tanks after they have been pumped out. Will a small amount of residual gas, maybe a cup or two, contaminate 30 to 50 gals of fresh fuel? I'm going to pump out through the engine feeds but with the top siphon there will be a small amount left.Is there something to flush the tank with? May put a few gals of fresh fuel in and then pump that out?"

"Ken:

your flushing approac

"Ken:

your flushing approach should be adequate. Some recent posts indicate some mebers have had a lot of success 'emptying' there tanks by running a low pressure air stream into the tank via the filler neck. the airflow evaporates any remaining fuel in a short period of time. If you go this route, remember the explosive nature of fuel and take the proper precautions.

If there is any remaining water in the tank, you can mix some alcohol with it and then pump it out and use the air method to evaporate it out, too.

If you have an access port on the tank, you can also open it out and blot out any remaining fluid. either approach isn't hard, they are just time consuming. That said, it is well worth the effort to get as much of that old stuff out as possible."

Back