Logo

Threaded Studs on gimbal that hold drive on

abl1111

Regular Contributor
"Dropped my Bravo 3 drive and

"Dropped my Bravo 3 drive and for the first time, (2) of the (6) studs that hold the drive on, came out as opposed to just the nuts unscrewing.

Is this normal and when I re-install, should I locktite them in ?

Also, what is the torque for the large nut that holds the inside prop ( closest to the drive ) in place on a Bravo 3 ?

Thanks"

"Nope,... It's not normal,

"Nope,... It's not normal,+ No, No loctite needed...
Just reseat the studs before reassembley...

Donno about your prop torque question..
I'd think 50ft.lbs. would do it..."

"Shocking! Bondo, you didnt st

"Shocking! Bondo, you didnt start your post in your regular unique way. I for one miss it
b.t.w. did you ever live in Maine? just asking"

First remove the nuts off the

First remove the nuts off the studs. The nuts may be cross threaded and if so replace them.

Get two regular hex nuts and double nut each stud to reinstall in each threaded hole. Tighten the two nuts together and use this as a place to use a wrench to tighten. once installed break one nut away from the other and remove both nuts and repeat for all the ones that came out.

Also if the threads are bad get a die and chase the threads. The thread size is 7/16 - 20 (fine thread) on the nut side of the stud.

Use BLUE thread locker type locktite( breakable) ( removeable) on the threads before instalation.

"[b]"Shocking! Bondo, you

""Shocking! Bondo, you didnt start your post in your regular unique way. I for one miss it b.t.w. did you ever live in Maine? just asking"

Ayuh,... Considering "Ayuh" is an affirmative, or acknowledgement,...
It's not the word to start a Denial with,...
Hence the Nope....

Yes, the 1st 3rd of my life was in Downeast...
So,... Ayuh, I'm a Maineiac in exile....
wink.gif
"

Back