Logo

1408430 rude Stall Prob

kiwi_dave

Contributing Member
"ran my rig on the weekend, af

"ran my rig on the weekend, after 2 days out fishing, Rig developed a stall, she wouldnt stop , just threaten to.. on and off finally stalled to a stop, couldnt start again. finally got going but had to run home hi revs to keep motor running, finally died at jetty. got home no start, 2 hrs later bang she fired up. can anyone point me in the right direction ? need to sell her but cant if buggered .... Thanks Dave"

"What model, HP, and year? Do

"What model, HP, and year? Does it still do this, or was it a one time occurrence? Any sign of overheating?"

"Gidday Martin
1978 140 Evinr

"Gidday Martin
1978 140 Evinrude 1408430

Couldnt start in the water, dragged her home, would start straight off, Idled for about 5-10 secs, then nothing. restarted 2-3 hrs later, started so left idleing 10 mins... no prob,
No overheating

could it be ok on muffs not in the drink ? Im gonna run her on muffs 2night for 20 or so mins ... what do you think ?
Thanks Dave"

"When it acts up, does pumping

"When it acts up, does pumping the primer bulb have any effect? Have you checked for spark when it acts up?"

"checked primer bulb seemed ok

"checked primer bulb seemed ok but did notice it didnt go rock hard like prior to prob. theres that last 3-5mm that felt soft otherwise fine.

Checked the plugs on second stop, stall. plugs seemed real wet, figured it was due to kicking oover and over trying to start over and over.thought she was just flooding ? but no actual spark test carried out, what do you think ?"

"Crystal ball points towards a

"Crystal ball points towards an ignition problem, maybe the stator or powerpack is breaking down when hot. IMHO, next step would be to check all cylinders for spark when it acts up again."

Back