Logo

Upper bearing carrier yoke seal alpha 1

jiggamurf

hi guys just a question. are t

hi guys just a question. are the upper bearing yoke seal form the alpha 1 and the gen 2 interchangeable

i think i noticed the alpha 1 has 1 lip on the seal and the gen 2 has 2 lips. i tried installing the gen 2 seal on the alpha 1 carrier and the seal leaks on 5 psi pressure and above. i thaught maybe it could be the yoke was pitted so bad that the seal wouldnt hold so i got a brand new yoke and assembled it and when pressure tested the new seal with the new yoke still leaked. im starting to think that seal wasnt interchangable.?

any taughts?

Most likely is you ruined the

Most likely is you ruined the seal lip when installing and uninstalling on old yoke.

Also I have been sold bad seals before...It sucks because they will not exchange them like electrical parts.

I once purchase a upper carrier seal and there was a small V shaped notch in the lip brand new out of the bag!!!! I did not find it until I was doing a pressure check so I had to dissassemble and purchase a new one......

"And they ain't cheap ethe

"And they ain't cheap ether !

But if you have the time and say e-basic sends you a bag they will take it back and pay the shipping both ways they are good that way.

They told my friend to keep the bad one and the sent just one seal next day it was at his door, they are really good that way.

Also one time there was a o-ring missing from a bag for my stringer drive water pump kit they sent the o-ring next day i had it.

"

The original type is seal is a

The original type is seal is available from a good auto parts store should you desire to use that instead of the $hitty 1 lip new style from CR.Carries a different number.PM or e-mail me for it

I ordered the seal but receive

I ordered the seal but received a seal assembly I believe part. number. 66081a2 for the assembly piece wich has a gen 2 seal on it.

"That is the correct number fo

"That is the correct number for the seal and carrier ,but the seal is available on it`s own."

I think I'm going to go on

I think I'm going to go on the cheap and just replace the seal. They are usually under $10 and a tube of Perma-seal.

Last time I bought one from a

Last time I bought one from a merc dealer it was around $18.00.

What are you intending the permaseal for??????

I never used that on this aplication?

If you are intending it for the seal to aluminum carrier it fits into. I do not see the need. It is a press fit and I have NEVER had one leak using NOTHING when pressing it in.

It wont hurt but unnecessary.

Back