Logo

Evinrude 84 v6 150 broken one piece driveshaft

lonewolf15006

"my drive shaft broke in lower

"my drive shaft broke in lower unit at pinion bearing ,appears pinion bearing went dry from low oil level in unit, all gears and other parts look good ,lower unit seals and impeller needs to be replaced while i have it apart,bought it from a friend and other than that it runs fine.where do you measure shaft to determine if it is a 20 ,0r 25 inch shaft,when i measure mine from pinion nut end to top end it measures 32 inches"

"Just measured the shaft on a

"Just measured the shaft on a known 25" L/U. From the top surface of the L/U (where it would meet the midcase), to the tip of the driveshaft it measured 26&3/4". Another way to confirm this would be to check the model number on yours with the published guides. That will tell you also."

hook your tape on the cavitati

hook your tape on the cavitation plate and measure to the top of the cradle where it would sit on the transom the cavitaion plate is the plate above the prop. that will read 20 or 25

Hmmm...just posted...but it di

Hmmm...just posted...but it disappeared....

Private e-mail me for a solution to your problem.

"thanks everybody for the info

"thanks everybody for the info ,one more question ,can a two piece shaft be used to replace a one piece shaft if it measures the same as a one piece, my model # E150TLCRD"

Back