Logo

75 evinrude

ted_sanders

could someone tell me how to g

could someone tell me how to get carburator and timing set right after replacing the roller on the linkage or is this all that critical? i know that it is easy to burn holes in 2 cycle pistons on motorcycles anyway. thanks ted.

"If its in the 50's and pr

"If its in the 50's and probably is.....I have never had a problem with timing as long as the parts are original and not bent or tampered with. As the stator plate bushing wears, it gets harder to get an accurate points setting. Take your time to get it as close to .020 as possible. With stator plate at max advance, carb throttle plate should just be at full open or perpendicular with float bowl casting surface."

timothy befera i should have

timothy befera i should have given the year model but did not. the year is 1983 and model is e8r cta. thanks for any help. the po had taken the linkage loose and let a bushing fall out which i found in the lower cowling. any help is appreciated. ted

"Ok then, on the newer motor j

"Ok then, on the newer motor just put it together as it was originally and you should be good to go. I assumed it was an older motor as the rollers/followers wore out on the 50's models."

timothy thanks i hope i am ok

timothy thanks i hope i am ok. the po had taken it apart and i had to adjust the linkage to make it line up for the starter gear to engage.i just hate to have it wrong and burn a piston. thanks again ted

Back