Logo

DT 99 Oil injection

bushwood

Contributing Member
"This outboard ran great first

"This outboard ran great first season. This past summer (had been winterized, fuel ran out of carbs), would not start w/out squirting starting fluid (relentlessly) and even then, reluctant to stay running. Once I did get it to run, oil seemed to be sprayed on block from somewhere. Engine would then die, but not seized. This happened twice within a month of each incident. When it died after it ran and was warm, I then gave up on it each time.

Fuel was new when I started all of this. Plugs were clean. Any thoughts, suggestions? Why is it impossible to start and when it is started, why the oil spray and unwilling to run?

Thanks"

This would be great news! Wou

This would be great news! Would this also explain the oil spray on the block?

Thank you!

in the feature don't drain

in the feature don't drain the carbs use a stabilizer and keep fuel in them as directed the smaller the amount of gas and without a stabilizer the fast is congeals gumming up the carb.

"I pulled the carb and it was

"I pulled the carb and it was all gunked up. The bowl had gunk as did the float. It's all cleaned up. But now, my search for the oil spray (looks like spray on block). It appears it starts at the top of the block and leaks down on both sides. However, I don't see an oil line in the area at all or a start of a leak to give me a starting point.

Where do I go from here? Plugs are clean. Oil cooking on the block seems like a bad thing. Thoughts, suggestions? Thank you!"

"Seems like one thing after an

"Seems like one thing after another...Now that I want to look for the source of oil spray, I can not get the motor to start. I've poured gas down the throat of the carb. The engine will rev out with choke pulled and die. It's only burning off the gas I poured in the carb.

The primer bulb is hard, no visible leaks of gas internally or at connections. Some kind of lost prime?

Thank you"

Were you able to resolve this problem?

I have similar problem and have cleaned the carb, chg oil and fuel filter plus plugs. I think I may have an oil pump issue? - have not yet tried running premixed fuel.

Back