Logo

Swim Platform Trolling Motor Brackets

Re: "To clarify,in a situation lik

"To clarify,in a situation like this ,what we do is install brackets(Pat.#154620) to replace the brackets that are on the platform,instead of running over the top,they simply run underneath,this gives the same support and also increases clearance for the tiller arm to swing back and fourth,cost of these replacement brackets made to your dimensions would be about $50,I am presently working on a portable steering system for stern drive applications to eliminate tillers,for boats with o/b applications there is only a control cable issue but this has been solved with a quick connect set of aux.controls(pat.pending)that are easy to install and very cost effective.For steering,most o/b manufacturers make aux.steering arms,or one can be designed for your particular application."

Are you able to post some pics or diagrams of your design yet? Gives me hope that I can actually fish and troll from my sterndrive boat.

Re: "I have designed a swim platfo

Hi I have a 1984 Searay with a full swim platform and wanted to know if you had a rough price for your bracket? I would also be interested in your remote steering system. I have a 265 Mercruiser I/O that I would be attaching to my Honda 9.9 4 stroke long shaft too. Thanks, Bob

"I have designed a swim platform mounting brkt,I would be willing to sell you the one I built,please do not think I am a jerk for saying that!the only reason is that I am in the process of getting a design patent,you would be getting a prototype only problem is I would have to check with my attorney,I know there is a stipulation about design protection,I could actually design a complete system from fuel to electric to brkt,its all about politic though
uhoh.gif
"

Re: "This is as close to mine as I

"this is as close to mine as i could find online:

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/product.cgi?group=71388&product=92839

mine doesn't have the fancy tilt but i would think mine is stronger since it's welded together instead of bolted. Then just four large stainless bolts/ nuts and large washers fasten it to the swim platform. Takes about 5 minutes to remove and install. I also used the same idea for a marine grade plywood platform to bolt to the swim step for putting coolers, crab traps, bait buckets, etc.

It wouldn't be hard to make one. Mine came on the boat when i bought it so i don't know the brand name."

hello i would be interested in your swim deck motor mount please call me steve c 801 623 8113

Back