Logo

Remember this one96 Yamaha 200

gushutto

"When my 96 200 was going into

"When my 96 200 was going into the RPM reduction mode above 1200 rpms, I could not figure it out. All the sensors checked out perfect. It turns out that even though I mounted the harness in a professional manner, one of the ground wires between the motor and the key was grounding out to one of the wires to the thermosensor and telling the computer that the engine was overheating. New harness and keyswitch...runs perfect. When I posted my problem, everyone was asking if the overheat alarm was sounding. I traced the thermosensor wires into the harness and saw that they went foward to the keyswitch. The alarm is not hooked up, and the only thing I could see that went to the computer was the oil sensor, but it got me thinking. I figured out that that the overheat sensor went into the key where the alarm is supposed to be, and then back to the computer. I was right. I also figured out that you can disconnect the main harness to diagnos the thermosensor problem. However, doing this will not disable the oil level sensor. Running great, thank everyone for the help. I will try to return the advise. I hope it helps."

Back