Logo

1987 crusader 454 ac to ngk plugs

cruisers00

Regular Contributor
Just bought NGK BPR6FS to repl

Just bought NGK BPR6FS to replace my AC mr44t on both engines. Should I use same gaps? ( 0.035 in.) Mostly cruising @ : low RPM 1200 to 1500

Henry G.

"That what I got for mine, wit

"That what I got for mine, with the projected nose. I use 0.035" with my electronic ignition distributors."

"Henry,

I have an '88 C

"Henry,

I have an '88 Crusader/454 w/Prestolite ignition. I just installed the same plugs and gapped at .035.

I've only run at idle though, the true test won't be until the spring. The idle was perfect though.

Bob"

Al - I'll have to check th

Al - I'll have to check that out. The engine tag says .035 and (I believe) my '88 came from the factory with the Prestolite ignition.

Maybe I'll be re-gapping them....

"Al,

I found that reference

"Al,

I found that reference in the manual. For Prestolite and conventional ignition it stays .035.

For the Delco system it's .045.

If that's the same type of cap I've seen in GM cars I wish I had that instead. I like the nice positive "snap" connection it makes.

Bob"

Bob:

I think you'll hav

Bob:

I think you'll have to swap distributors to get those nice snap on terminals. There may be an aftermarket cap for the stock distributor that has those terminal towers; maybe time for some research.

"Actually what I like about th

"Actually what I like about the caps are the rectangular cut out for the ignition module. Once you have that properly in place, they just screw down and it is ready to time....ONCE you flip it into timing mode."

"Thanks Bob, this what I just

"Thanks Bob, this what I just read in the Crusader service manual for Mallory distributors. Great manual from Marineengine.com

Henry G"

Back