Logo

2005 Yamaha 115hp 4 stroke sputters in midrange

jcraig

"I have a 2005 Yamaha 115 hp f

"I have a 2005 Yamaha 115 hp four stroke that stutters mid-range between 2600 - 3000 rpm. Runs fine above and below this range otherwise, but just goes to pot in the mid-range band. Has new plugs, fuel filters have all been changed, everything looks great otherwise. I have even been making sure that the primer bulb in the fuel line is full so that it can't be starving, which would be evident as it operates fine above and below these RPM's. This started back in June and is inconsistent"

"I'm not sure, but with yo

"I'm not sure, but with you saying "This started back in June and is inconsistent". Sounds like a computer problem, if it has one.?."

"Lee,
By my saying that

"Lee,
By my saying that it is inconsistent, meaning that it happens most of the time, but not all of the time. The motor is always warmed up well as I don't like to rev up on a cold start.

Jamie,
It is fuel injected. I also tried injector cleaner in the fuel a tank ago (80 gal) and that made no difference in the performance mid-range. If I put it on no load whatsoever, it still does the same thing and shakes and shudders if left in that RPM range, but is fine at any RPM below and above that 2600 - 3000 RPM."

i had the same problem as you

i had the same problem as you but with a 80hp yamaha.
id say you need to pull your injectors out and give them a clean.

I had a mid-range stutter on m

I had a mid-range stutter on my 200 2 stroke...bad coil..the coils change voltage output from low to high rpms...2 off mine where acting up during this change of voltage causing a stutter at the same rpm...otherwise ran great.

"JUST-IN-TIME,
Pardon my

"JUST-IN-TIME,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a YDS? Is it a test instrument of a sort? I am in a very rural fishing village in Alaska. The nearest repair facility is in Anchorage and quite a distance away. If this is a test instrument, where would one get it? I am weighing the cost of a $1200.00 trip versus buying the needed instruments. Jeff"

"JUST-IN-TIME,
That make

"JUST-IN-TIME,
That makes perfect sense. I tried to come up with an acronym for that before I replied last night, but the brain was dead at that point. Any idea where one would come up with one of these? I have tried direct contact with Yamaha, but to no avail. Not exactly pleased with their P.R., though I like the motor.
Jeff"

"$500 for it, LOL

dang man

"$500 for it, LOL

dang man ur up in north pole

PR is great but you need to be a technician, they hate to deal with customers

i can loan ya mine for $300, then when you return it i will give the $300 back to ya"

Mine was doing the exact same

Mine was doing the exact same thing for about a month..It is a 200hp VMAX EFI..Finally got it fixed two days ago. The little green filters on the front of the injectors were dirty. Cleaned them and the boat now runs better than ever.

Back