Logo

75 evinrude

ted_sanders

new so i hope i am not double

new so i hope i am not double posting. i am trying to find year model of new to me 7.5 evinrude. themodel # e8rcta serial# e0177493 thanks for any help ted.

E = Evinrude
8 = 7.5 or 8 hp

E = Evinrude
8 = 7.5 or 8 hp
R = rope start
(no L so a standard 15" shaft)
C = 8 and T = 3 therefor a 1983 model
A = a production suffix

VicS thanks for the info. are

VicS thanks for the info. are these good motors worth spending money on and wiil this motor push a 14 flatbottom ok? i don't want to go fast just want it to be reliable. right now it needs a throttle piece for the carb. thanks for any info ted. oh where can i get parts and are they still avaliable?

"It'll push 14ft OK at lea

"It'll push 14ft OK at least a 1984 6hp pushes my 19 ft sailboat.

Only recurring problem I have is to do with the grommet at the top of the water-tube ... same part on yours and something to remember if the cooling system show signs of blocking.

Practically all parts still available see PARTS CATALOG

May be able to order from MarineEngine"

am allready working on it. had

am allready working on it. had to order the peice that makes the carb throttle up. does anyone know the # of the sparkplugs that fit this engine. am hopeing to find an owners manual before goingto deep into it.

plugs now recommended are QL77

plugs now recommended are QL77JC4 gapped at 0.030"

L77JC4 also suitable if you do not want suppressed plugs

Owners manual should be available from MarineEngine

thanks for the info. i will pu

thanks for the info. i will put new plugs today and see if it will fire off. how long should i run it before pump starts pumping? reason i ask is it had several dirt dobbers nests under the cowling. any ideas about that? thanks ted

hi all i am as happy as i can

hi all i am as happy as i can be. this little evinrude runs as smooth as anything i have ever owned. i only have one problem and that is how to make it stop running. would appreciate anyone that could tell me how to make it go dead. thanks ted.

thanks jamie i will go check w

thanks jamie i will go check when the rain lets up. i guess this little engine runs so smooth because the only small engines i have owned are eska and neptune single cyl motors. thanks again ted.

Back