Logo

1980 evinrude 70hp

chops

"Hey i am new to the site just

"Hey i am new to the site just wanted to say hi and ask a question i have a 5 meter runabout which i have just replace the floor and stringers in i reckon i have added around 150kg more weight in the boat as i made it all from thicker wood wanted a more solid floor which seems to have worked great but enough of that i have lifted my motor up one bolt hole it was sitting on the lowest hole on the motor before i resprayed the boat now i lifted it one hole as i felt to much of the leg was under water, since taking the boat out 2 times since lifting motor i find the boat to be far better on the water my question is Since lifting it i have found the before with a 15 prop i would hit 5200rpm at WOT now at WOT she is going out to around 6000rpm to 6200rpm WOT i hold her around the 5000rpm position and it goes good but i was wondering is 6000rpm plus too much and revving to hard??? i have a 17 prop that i was gonna try is this something i should try??? the other thing is i had to extend the tacho wire 2 more feet so i joined more wire to it and soldered and heat shrinked the joins could this play issues with the tacho signal to the tacho resistance wise?"

After checking out some things

After checking out some things here n there i found today that i think my tacho is set on the wrong pulse i read 2 different settings should it be on 6P or 12P i have it set on 12P now and it looks about right?

Back