Logo

3 HP 1962 Montgomery Wards Flywheel

dtmolt

I'm trying to pull the fly

I'm trying to pull the flywheel off my 1962 3HP Montgomery Ward (Gale) Sea King. I'm using a three nut puller but it's not getting it off and I'm afraid to crank down on it too hard. Am I missing something? How do I check the points without pulling the flywheel?

I have just acquired a montgom

I have just acquired a montgomery Ward sea king 3hp motor. Model # 84GG9007A Serial # 186370. Could anyone give me a year and manufacturer based on these #s? Thanks for any and all help.

"John
You should start a new

"John
You should start a new thread for your
question, That way it does'nt seem like your hijacking someone's thread.
Anyway your Sea King is a 1948 made by Gale
division of OMC.
Sea King inverts the first two numbers of the model # for the year. GG stands for Gale.
Good luck with your motor !
Steve A W"

"Steve,
Thank You

"Steve,
Thank You for the info. on my motor. I am new to this forum discussion stuff so I apologize for not quite knowing how to or where I should be posting my question. Hopefully I'll catch on. I'm trying to figure out what a thread is and how to start one. I'll take all the help I can get. I think I actually owe the apology to Dan. Thanks again for the info.
John"

agreed. sometimes it helps to

agreed. sometimes it helps to give the puller a smack or two with a mallet.

some have had luck putting the pressure on the flywheel with the puller and then leaving it sit for the night.

Back