Logo

Water pressure sender

piperdog

"hello,added this to a recent

"hello,added this to a recent post ,thought id give it another go.
on my mercury 65hp,it has a water pressure sender unit thats attached to a guage on the dash,can such a sender be put on a 1988,90hp,evinrude....thanks"

"and that will have the same w

"and that will have the same water pressure as iinside the engine?,the sensor ,as you know is screwed into the block,can an inline one,or one that will fit on the t section be found easily..thanks"

Any T that fits into the hose

Any T that fits into the hose will do.
Just be sure you do not alter the nipple in the lower cover!!
The 'Pee' is taken out before the thermostats and will reflect the correct pressure.

"The gauge is just a manometer

"The gauge is just a manometer. You have to pull a hose, similar to the log, all the way to instrument panel."

"thanks,so as said it the wate

"thanks,so as said it the water pressure that runs into the pipe that operates the guage,and the thing on the engine its attatched to is just an outlet for the water"

"The tell-tale has 2 'func

"The tell-tale has 2 'functions'.
1: Keep water circulating and cool down the exhaust cover even if thermostats are closed.
2: Pressure indicator for the water pump. Either by observing the amount of water/pressure in the tell-tale stream, or hooking up a gauge.
Hooking up a gauge in parallel will not disturb any of the functions."

"not sure i agree w/#1........

"not sure i agree w/#1........that lil piss stream,is not gonna help cool...in my opinion,..strictly a visual,..for the operator..nothing else..u can plug it up,remove it,..should make 0 diff in eng temp's,..if all else..ok...if u have a thermo wont open,.that lil piss stream,will make no diff..xcept to burn ur hand...,on the other hand,..any flow thru pwrhd,in that event,..is better than none,..but,..is not the designed feature of the ..'overboard,water,indicator'"

"May be more evident on the in

"May be more evident on the inboard engines, but it is a reason for bypassing the water to the manifolds when thermostat is closed!!
Same principle, just smaller engines.
How many smaller outboards, 6,8,10,15,20-30 have you come across with 'burned' exhaust covers but engine still running?
So #1 is the reason, #2 is how to check.
wink.gif
"

Back