Logo

90HP Merc Mariner Questions Purpose and Value

jjmariner

"Hi, I bought a Merc/Mariner O

"Hi, I bought a Merc/Mariner Outboard that the guy said is a 90hp. The serial number is 9603060 and the tag says it's made in Belgium. I found a reference on autorepairmanual.biz that confirms it's a 90hp made in 1990.

I bought it to put on a small boat I had but the boat had too many issues so now I have the motor to sell. It runs great. My questions have to do with it's purpose. The motor is factory painted flat olive green and has a nice removable brush guard and a roll around stand with folding handles, it's green too. It has tiller arm steering and a throttle control unit that mounts in the boat with a clamp. It seems to be set up for duck hunting or something like that.

I'd like to know if someone can confirm that is what it's for so I can advertise it properly. I paid $1500 for it, is that a fair price to ask for it or is it worth more or less? As I said it runs great and is in really nice condition.

Any advice or info will be appreciated.
Thanks, John"

"Something is wrong here. A 19

"Something is wrong here. A 1990, 90HP Nerc weighs 300lbs. I just don't believe it can be a clamp-on type motor."

"It is a heavy motor. That&#3

"It is a heavy motor. That's why I couldn't use it on the boat I tried it on, the transom was too weak.

Also, I forgot to mention that it is a manual tilt/trim.

Here's a picture:

334182.jpg
90hp mariner

Back