Logo

1986 Black Max V6 Center Carb leaking fuel Stuck Float Need Advice Help

ddiebold

"This has 3 carbs on it (V

"This has 3 carbs on it (V6). The center carb has a stuck float - Fuel coming out front of carb. Is there any way to unstick this float without dismantling the carb??? Any tricks of the trade?? The repair people want over $100 to free the carb float - Please help!!!

Dave
Houston, Texas
713-977-1892"

"Go ahead and fix it yourself.

"Go ahead and fix it yourself.Requires taking the bowl off and inspecting the float valve ( might just be dirt holding it open ).No special tools required, you might want to take digital pictures of linkages.Outboard carburetors are really quite simple.You might want do do all 3 once you realize how easy it is."

Dave...You might try power tun

Dave...You might try power tune. Remove the drain screw from the float bowl and drain out the fuel. Spray power tune (available at most merc dealers) in the carb and replace the screw as quickly as possible. Allow the power tune to sit for maybe an hour or so and then start the motor. DO NOT leave the power tune in over night it may dissolve things in your carb. GOOD LUCK....DJ

"Djmergman, I have looked at t

"Djmergman, I have looked at the Seloc manual on the carb and do not see in the picture a drain screw. It is listed as a carb "b" in the book. Each carb covers 2 cylinders. The carb float has 6 screws and on each side of it 2 jets only, as I see it. Could we be talking apples to oranges of carb types?

Please respond when you can!

Dave"

Dave...On the side of the floa

Dave...On the side of the float bowl should be a 7/16 brass screw that a slot screwdriver will also fit. You may have to remove a jet as well to spray in the power tune. Will check later to see how your making out...DJ

Back