Logo

Engine wonbt idle it wonbt go below 3000rpm without shutting off

J

Javier Cubero

"this is a newly rebuild engin

"this is a newly rebuild engine aq125b we suspect it has something to do with the carburator or fuel pump, please help me out what could be wrong, just of the top off your head. anybody please."

"Check the clamp that holds th

"Check the clamp that holds the throttle cable.If it came loose the cable housing is just sliding and NOT the cable. After I rebuilt the carbs on my 130 I had the same trouble, but it was my fault,,LOL.
Hopefully thats all it is."

"My carb has been rebuild but

"My carb has been rebuild but that don't seem to be the problem I'll check tommorow morning but it doesn't look like it, any more help would be great."

My first thoughts would be a v

My first thoughts would be a vacuum leak or an improperly set distributor. Either of these things will do what you are experiencing.

"How about if you get it to ru

"How about if you get it to run with no throttle cable on it, then deal with the sleeve, etc?

What was tested after the rebuild? Compression, vacuum? Nothing- just fired up? Fuel pressure? Check these before doing anything else. If they're OK, THEN check the carb, distributor, etc."

"I'm not using the throttl

"I'm not using the throttle cable, haven't done a compression test cause it starts like a champ, fuel pressure it might be the problem cause I can get it to stay running at 3000rpm but when I try to get it down to the 900-1000 idle it would shut off after I go below 3000rpm. Where would I be getting that vacuum leak from? if it was the distributor what could be the problem?"

from what I read on the seloc

from what I read on the seloc my spark advance is set wrong

When it dies does it Phfffftt

When it dies does it Phfffftt out of the carb? I would double check the timing belt.

"Sir
Start with the carb soun

"Sir
Start with the carb sounds like the idle circuit is blocked. A poor rebuild could have left the small brass jets blocked. After the carb is checked look for air leak around carb base, easy way to do this is just replace it. It starts good because as the engine cools the choke closes and you by pass the idle circuit or you goose it and by pass the idle circuit. Or if its a carb base gasket leak, it effects the engine at low air speed through the carb not at higher speeds."

Back