Logo

MAC outboard

pat_og

Can anybody help?
I recently

Can anybody help?
I recently bought a MAC outboard with a tag giving the following info.
Type- TA636/FAA12 and no. 4540851.
I would like to know what HP this is and if I can get a workshop manual for it.
Thanks for looking
Pat

"That's quite a rare find

"That's quite a rare find you have. It's probably the MAC 10, based on the Sachs wankel powerhead. Mac went under in '74 -- not many motors left the factory. You may have some luck by going for some Sachs resources.

If you ever plan to run the motor, find a source for the rotor seals -- those are the number one wear item."

"I have an 82 Evinrude 25hp ou

"I have an 82 Evinrude 25hp outboard. Misfire on both cylinders. There is water getting into the cylinders somehow. Pulled head, water still getting into the cylinder with head off. Does anyone know where it would possibly come from?"

Re: "I have a new old stock one co

It's probably a MAC Siglan 3A with an Aspera engine. The engine model number quoted above is an Aspera TA636, an Italian single cylinder two stroke. These engines were also used on lawnmowers. It's from the early 70's.

MAC 10 outboard

ABOUT 10hp. PDF of Sachs repar manual available but this system would not let me attach it

I will xmit $20 via paypal to the first gent who can scan pages from the repair manual showing me how one is supposed to separate the upper MAC-10 wankel motor from the lower drive unit.

Thanks,

Bruce Toski
850 792 6535

Agreed it might be a 10 HP rotary ( wankel ) quite a collecters item.-----Not really well built but it is what it is.

Back