Logo

Fireball 225C gaskets

cal

Regular Contributor
"Now that I have started worki

"Now that I have started working the engine again, I need to obtain gaskets for the heads and exhaust. Any leads please?? Graymarine 225C.
See postings on Century Sabre below.
Thanks.
Cal"

"Pat, thanks for the info. I m

"Pat, thanks for the info. I might be needing other things also. I won't know until I break things in the cleaning process
angry.gif

Cal"

"I've sent a mail to [url=

"I've sent a mail to [email protected] and got nothing
yawn.gif
also tried A&A Marine and still no replys. Are there any reputable dealers who handle these parts? Copper head gaskets, exhaust and intake manifold gaskets.
Thanks,
Cal"

"Cal, I have visited this shop

"Cal, I have visited this shop myself. Trust me, this is the place to get all your parts. They will be doing most of my big eng. work some time in the future.They may have taken extended holidays.Also try [email protected] Shop #s are630.584.1188 fax. 630.584.9141 Let me know if you get thru to them, if not I will have them contact you thru this web sight good luck, let me know how it goes and have a happy turkey day. Pat"

"Pat, Thanks again. Patience I

"Pat, Thanks again. Patience I guess. Now I'm here feeling like the bloated turkey (it was good and happy)
Cal"

"John was in touch with me tod

"John was in touch with me today, things are in motion. I hope by next Tuesday I will have some gaskets in the pipeline. I needed the head, exhaust and intake sets.
Thanks again Pat.
Cal
thumbs_up.gif
"

"Great news Cal, Good luck wit

"Great news Cal, Good luck with your rebuild this winter, Pat... Send pics of your progress if you can."

"Pat, here is a link to the ma

"Pat, here is a link to the marine engine.com discussion of this engine. Sorta a history of the boat. Now that the cold weather is setting in eastern WI I have to stop the varnishing (hull work) and can concentrate on the engine more. I have alread begun to strip the engine and clean up/repair some of the parts. I'll post more pics soon.
Cal
http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12512/33046.shtml"

"I think I gave the wrong link

"I think I gave the wrong link. It is posted under the Century Saber fireball 225c discussion.
Cal
blush.gif
"

"This should get you there, al

"This should get you there, also posted pics of the repair and refurbish of the oil, transmission coolers and the fuel pump. The oil cooler had split off at the joint. It was an opportunity to inspect the tubes and make sure they were in good condition. I cleaned and resoldered the end, check for leaks, polished it up with fine steel wool and then applied several coats of clear gloss laquer.
Cal
http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12512/13970.shtml"

"Great looking work Cal.You di

"Great looking work Cal.You did exacly what I would have done. Tried sending you pics of my 61 resorter but they were too large to send,. I will try again tuesday.Pat"

"Pat, got a phone call from Ki

"Pat, got a phone call from Kim today, they have all the gaskets I need
happy.gif
. Will be working out the details on Friday. I could find nothing around here in the Green Bay area, even from NAPA.
Again thanks for the info.

Cal"

Back