Logo

Changing from long shaft to short shaft

"You have to shorten everythin

"You have to shorten everything by five inches--the shorter water tube and drive shaft may be available from vendors. There may also be a five inch shift coupler that can be replaced with the one from a short shaft motor. You can find the part numbers on evinrude's website at www.evinrude.com. The only tools you need are a few mechanics hand tools. I am curious--why are you doing this?"

You can cut the water tube. T

You can cut the water tube. This keeps you from having to pull the powerhead to change the tube.

THANKS RICK&TOM FOR THE IN

THANKS RICK&TOM FOR THE INFO.I HAVE THE LONG SHAFT ON NOW.AND I DO HAVE A SHORT SHAFT.I FISH A SHALLOW LAKE.AND DONT WANT TO HIT THE PROP. THANKS JIM

"Have 1999 Johnson 50hp. When

"Have 1999 Johnson 50hp. When ign. key turned gauges don't activate, no start, remote tilt on engine lever doesn't work. Tilt on engine operates, accessories (horn, lights, etc)work. I cleaned all terminals under engine cover of corrosion,replacing as needed. After mistakenly leaving key on overnight I returned to find oil alarm sounding, gauges working and I started it to get it out of the water. Since then no luck. Any suggestions?"

Back