Logo

99 Horse Eska Motor water pump questions

J

Jon Robert

"Hi,

I am looking at buying

"Hi,

I am looking at buying a 1978 9.9hp eska motor for my boat. I checked it out and it runs well and sounds good. However there was no water comming out of the water hose that comes out of the top of the engine. I was wondering what might cause this? Is it easy to fix? Is there anything else I should check before purchasing? Thanks"

"also what do you think this m

"also what do you think this motor would be worth? It is clean and runs well minus the lack of water squirting out. It was also cold outside when run, would this affect water comming out?"

You know ...Those little engin

You know ...Those little engines sell around here for $50.00 to $400.00 depending on the condition and the season. By the way that engine is not water cooled. I can't be sure but if you send the model no# and serial number I'll check it out for you....Hope this helps...JI

"Just for the record, you can

"Just for the record, you can find Eska Sears gamefisher parts at

http://home.earthlink.net/~brixent/

He sold me what I needed, a carb kit, I wish I would have known sooner, I had to buy a mercury water pump impeller. (drilled out to fit)My only problem with the motor now is..it starts fine, idles fine, but when I shift it into fwd, it bogs and won't reach full RPM, it barely planes off a 12 foot boat with one person in it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

At any rate, best of luck, by the way my serial number makes it a 1978 and it is FOR SURE water cooled.

Joe"

Back