Logo

1973 55hp sears ted williams outboard questions

"Thanks Bob,Parts arrived toda

"Thanks Bob,Parts arrived today and seem to be correct other than they are not brass.Maybe aluminum? Got engine running today also. It ran sorta rough and would smooth out as it reved up then stumble and die.Fooled with screw with spring, and didnt note much change unless it was screwed all the way in.Would it be ok to opperate engine out of water for short times if it's left in neutral as it only pumps water while in gear?...Thanks again"

"you can use marine gear lube.

"you can use marine gear lube. it is typically 80 - 90 weight and you can buy a small tube or a quart. You remove both screws (the fill and the vent above it) and fill from the bottom buy sqeezing the tube or pumping the quart with a hose into the fill hole. Pump until it comes out the vent hole.

i just did mine
happy.gif
"

"Hi all Looking for needle val

"Hi all Looking for needle valve and seat for my Ted Wlliams. I got the parts break down on the carb, but what I need is no longer available at Sears Anybody have an idea where else I can check. Thanks"

"I need the shifting rod ass.

"I need the shifting rod ass. that runs through the exhaust deflector plate.My engine is a 7.5hp T.G.#21759491...also any dowel pin,screws ect that holds it in place.Ashamed to admit that iv'e misplaced these parts as engine has sat disasembled for some time awaitting gaskets.Can't find these parts in the parts breakdown to order them either.Anyone saleing parts off one of these engines?Thanks"

"Bruce,I'd call Diane at C

"Bruce,I'd call Diane at Certifide Parts Corp.Kits with the seat can be also bought on e-bay in the boat parts section, but iv'e not seen the neddle valve it's self there unless you bought the whole carb.Maybe someone else here can better inform you on where to get neddle and seat.Good luck"

Back