Logo

1962 evinrude 75 horses

ben

" I have a problem with the ca

" I have a problem with the carburator on this motor .This motor is in excelent cond and I know why .No one can fix it.Gas pours by needle and seat .I have a book ,it has been in the Evinrude shop ,and I have ordered several needle and seats.I have rebuilt several carbs in the past so please don't tell me to clean off the old gasket .It dosen't make any sense at all..To anyone ..PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!BEN "

"Ben.... If you've install

"Ben.... If you've installed a few float needle valves in that carburetor and it still floods, you're not adjusting the float properly, or you have a faulty float.

The original float needle valve assy part number and the superceeded numbers are:
375918-> 379312-> 387262

I assume that you are installing the nylon washer under the brass float seat.

With the float needle valve and the float installed, hold the carburetor upside down. Adjust the float so that the end opposite the hinge is ever so slightly higher (off level).

That should cure the flooding problem.

Joe
"

" Joe , I have tried all that

" Joe , I have tried all that and it still does the same thing .All our work has changed nothing .I wonder if it is the cork float!!!!!!!do they make a brass one . I don't know what else to do ....... "

"Ben.... They do not make a br

"Ben.... They do not make a brass one, just the cork type. I have a couple left in my remaining stock if you need one. I'll contact you e-mail with my address.

Joe
"

" No thanks , I have two of th

" No thanks , I have two of them .I am just going to take a sledge hammer to it and be done with it..Thanks for your help and time . I don't give up easy but I have had enough......goodbye..... "

"Too bad you're not local

"Too bad you're not local to me. I'd really like to see that carb.

Joe
"

Back