Logo

Joe 1993 99 Evinrude

" Joe; I now have my charging

" Joe; I now have my charging kit and it looks like a pretty straight forward job, the instructions call for a coil locating ring, is there anywhere I can buy this tool? Allso I was wondering if I mark the flywheel in say two places before removeal and line those marks up on reassembly will that keep my timeing set or will I need to have it retimed? Just want to get all my ducks in a row before I pull the boat. Thanks for all your help. Bob. "

"Bob.... (The Coil Locatin

"Bob.... (The Coil Locating Ring) That's a special tool that would sit over the outside of the coils etc to position tham properly in relation to the flywheel magnets. Creates the space between them so that they don't hit. It's not needed if you install the coils as follows.

With the coil(s) off, notice where they would sit on the plate. At the very top of that surface, you'll see a slight bevel. The vertical outside surface of the coils must align with the top inside of that bevel. This method (An OMC Procedure) actually increases the space between the coils and the flywheel magnets by a couple thousands but that is more than acceptable.

(Timing)
No need to mark anything. The engine timing pertains to the crankshaft key being aligned with the flywheel slot. Unless you shear that key, the engine is in time.

Joe
"

" Joe; I cant say thank you en

" Joe; I cant say thank you enough for all the help you've been. I plan on pulling the boat out of the water in the next week or so and I'll be sure and let you know how it goes, till then THANKS! Bob. "

Back